I am a writer, editor, and designer with a formal education in communications and publishing. I have a wide range of skills that are continually increasing—including writing, editing, graphic design, print production, and marketing.
I am currently pursuing my Master of Publishing at Simon Fraser University. During the program, I held an marketing internship with UBC Press.
In 2015, I graduated with honours from SFU with a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Communication and minoring in Publishing.
I graduated with distinction and a diploma of Publishing: Techniques & Technologies from the Publishing program at Langara College in 2007. During the program, I was the Managing Editor of Pacific Rim Magazine 2007.
I also completed a certificate in Editing from SFU’s Writing & Publishing Program in July 2010.
Additional Areas of Interest
- Canadian writing and publishing
- Local arts & culture
- Creative SpaceMaking / Cultural Space
- Art for Social Change
- Digital publishing
- Local heritage and BC history
- BC writers and illustrators
- Creative industry / Creative cities
- Literary events
- Letterpress & paper arts
- Copyright policy
- Technology and the human brain
- Hacker & Maker culture
- Literature cross-over with other art forms
- Windows XP and Mac OSX operating systems
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Office
- Quark XPress
- Final Cut Pro
- Press Releases
- Community Engagement
- Digital Content Strategy
- Email Newsletters
- Social Media
- Substantive editing
- Copy editing
- Stylistic editing
- Writing for the web (blogging)
- Non-fiction articles
- Editing/modifying for the web